Developments In The World And Its Implications For The South China Sea
Session 1 of the 7th South China Sea Conference on 23-24 November in Vung Tau city, Viet Nam. This conference is co-organized by the Diplomatic Academy of Vietnam (DAV), the Foundation for East Sea Studies (FESS) and the Vietnam Lawyers’ Association (VLA).
Moderator: Amb. Dr. Dang Dinh Quy, President of the Diplomatic Academy of Vietnam
1. Prof. Brahma Chellaney, Professor of Strategic Studies, Center for Policy Research, New Delhi, India
Topic: Developments in the World and Its Implications for the SCS: Balance of Powers
2. Captain (ROK Navy Ret.) Sukjoon Yoon, Senior Research Fellow, Korea Institute for Maritime Strategy, Seoul, Korea
Topic: The European Concept of Balance of Power in the South China Sea: What is the Role of the Middle Powers?
3. Dr. Shen Dingli, Professor and Associate Dean at the Institute of International Studies, Fudan University, China
Topic: A Chinese Perspective on Cooperation in South China Sea
4. Prof. Liselotte Odgaard, Royal Danish Defence College, Denmark
Topic: International Hotspots: China’s Strategy of Deterrence and Legitimacy in the South and East China Sea Disputes
5. Dr. Nguyen Nam Duong, Deputy Director General, Institute for Foreign Policy and Strategic Studies , DAV, Vietnam
Topic: The Evolving Maritime Security Architecture in the Asia-Pacific and its Implications for Conflict Management in the South China Sea